Align stack using WCS or apertures problem

Align stack using WCS or apertures problem

basilr
The problem occurs when trying to Align stacks using WCS or apertures. Using any set of images (e.g. the WASP-12b demo set) load 2-3 images into a stack, not a virtual stack. (File-import-image sequence…) Align the stack: Process-align stack using WCS or apertures Place 1 or more apertures then right click or Enter to process. The program stops. The stack aligner helps looks like this: Repeatable every time. Happens in single step mode also, program stops immediately. Now, with the same stack, do a Multi-aperture analysis. Place apertures, Select any star, doesn’t matter. The program processes the stack. Close out of all multi aperture windows. Now go back and do a stack align. It Works! The Align using WCS or apertures will now work on any image stack, as long as you don’t close out of Astroimagej ! If you do close the program you have to start over with another Multi-aperture. It seems doing a Multi-aperture “un sticks” something or resets/sets a flag/file to allow placing apertures on successive images in a stack?? I’m not sure but I think this problem is recent? Seemed to work fine until a month or so ago??? I am running Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks for a GREAT program! - Basil

Re: Align stack using WCS or apertures problem

karenacollins
Administrator
Hi Basil,

Thank you for the detailed report. I think I have introduced a stack-aligner bug in latest daily build, and your
detailed workaround info is actually a very good clue to what may be wrong. Unfortunately, I will not have time to try
to find a fix immediately. Could you please try the latest released version 3.2.0 and let me know if that fixes the problem?

Karen

Re: Align stack using WCS or apertures problem

basilr
Yes, "downgrading" to 3.2.0 fixes the problem. Upgrading back to the daily build brings it back.

No hurry on a fix, the workaround isn't difficult to use.

Thanks, Basil