AstroimageJ unable to update

pablotwa
Hi Karen I keep getting "Network error" check your internet connection message. I have no internet connection problems and I tried turning off the virus programs and shields to no avail. Thoughts? Thanks! Pablo

Re: AstroimageJ unable to update

karenacollins
Administrator
Hi Pablo and other AIJ users,

This is problem was recently introduced when we attempted to implement https support on the AIJ update server. Unfortunately, the only quick fix is to reinstall AIJ 3.2.0 from the AIJ website. You will not loose your preference settings, but will need to re-setup your memory settings.

Alternately, if you are comfortable moving files from one place to another, download the installation ZIP file and unzip it. Go to the unzipped folder and then go to the plugins subdirectory. Then simply copy the Astronomy_.jar file from the unzipped folder to the plugins subdirectory where AstroImageJ is already installed. You will be overwriting the existing Astronomy_.jar file.

Now restart AIJ and you should be able to update to the latest daily build. If the file copy method is used, the memory settings will be retained.

Karen

On Nov 20, 2018, at 2:30 PM, pablotwa [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Karen I keep getting "Network error" check your internet connection message. I have no internet connection problems and I tried turning off the virus programs and shields to no avail. Thoughts? Thanks! Pablo

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/AstroimageJ-unable-to-update-tp1080.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: AstroimageJ unable to update

pablotwa
Fixed!, Thank you Karen!