No valid Fits header

infocean
Hi,
I opened two different fits files and wen I wanted to sea the header the program said "No valid Fits header" with an <Ok> to push.
Ds9 has no problem displaying the header for both files.
Thanks ahead,
infocean
I attache here a picture of the header from ds9.
ds9 screenshotScreen_Shot_2014-09-24_at_15.png

Re: No valid Fits header

karenacollins
Administrator
Hi, I'm not sure what AIJ is unhappy with in your header. Would it be
possible to forward one of your fits files to me at karenacollins
~~--aaattt--~~ outlook dot com? It would save me time over recreating a
file with your header values. If the data are sensitive, I will treat
the file as confidential.

Thanks,
Karen

Re: No valid Fits header

infocean
Hi Karen,

Here is a file with 3 pictures in it.  I wrote it out from Mathematica.  Wolfram’s Export routine is cooked - messes up the header and writes its own stuff into it, but if other programs are able to open it your should also do that minimum. :-)

Thanks a lot to take the time out to look into it.  Unfortunately the other program is unable to do a copy paste under their Edit menu.

ImageJ is able to show the Info, which contain the header.  You might want to tap into that one.

Best,
János

On Sep 25, 2014, at 1:38, karenacollins [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure what AIJ is unhappy with in your header. Would it be
possible to forward one of your fits files to me at karenacollins
~~--aaattt--~~ outlook dot com? It would save me time over recreating a
file with your header values. If the data are sensitive, I will treat
the file as confidential.

Thanks,
Karen

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/No-valid-Fits-header-tp177p178.html
To unsubscribe from No valid Fits header, click here.
NAML

LessMin1sigma.fit (1M) Download Attachment

Re: No valid Fits header

karenacollins
Administrator
Thanks for sending the file János. I can reproduce the problem you are seeing with an older build of AIJ (v2.1.0), but I tried all builds from 2.1.1 up to 2.1.5 and your header will open with no problem on my computer. Here is the display:

If you are running v2.1.0, you should update to v2.1.5 by following these directions (many, many improvements have been made since v2.1.0):
http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/After-a-fresh-installation-of-AIJ-be-sure-to-update-to-the-latest-build-td142.html

If that doesn't solve your problem, send me a screen grab of the AIJ_Toolbar->Help->About AstroImageJ...
(it should look something like this)

... and let me know how are you accessing the header editor (i.e. are you pressing the shortcut icon () above the image?).

Karen

Re: No valid Fits header

infocean
Hi Karen,

I am running 2.1.0 looks like.  See attached picture.  Later today I will try to hunt down the 2.1.5.  Thanks a lot for your effort.
Best,
János

On Sep 26, 2014, at 3:09, karenacollins [via AstroImageJ] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for sending the file János. I can reproduce the problem you are seeing with an older build of AIJ (v2.1.0), but I tried all builds from 2.1.1 up to 2.1.5 and your header will open with no problem on my computer. Here is the display:

If you are running v2.1.0, you should update to v2.1.5 by following these directions (many, many improvements have been made since v2.1.0):
http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/After-a-fresh-installation-of-AIJ-be-sure-to-update-to-the-latest-build-td142.html

If that doesn't solve your problem, send me a screen grab of the AIJ_Toolbar->Help->About AstroImageJ...
(it should look something like this)

... and let me know how are you accessing the header editor (i.e. are you pressing the shortcut icon () above the image?).

Karen

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/No-valid-Fits-header-tp177p180.html
To unsubscribe from No valid Fits header, click here.
NAML

Re: No valid Fits header

infocean
Hi Karen,

I updated to 2.1.5.  Now I see the header.  Thanks You.
Is it possible to fix the About AstriImageJ dialog in a release.  See attached picture.

Best,
János

On Sep 26, 2014, at 9:04, Information Ocean <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Karen,

I am running 2.1.0 looks like.  See attached picture.  Later today I will try to hunt down the 2.1.5.  Thanks a lot for your effort.
Best,
János

Re: No valid Fits header

karenacollins
Administrator
Hi János,

Thanks for reporting that OS X specific issue. It was reported by another user recently too and has been fixed in the current "daily build". If you want to update to that pre-release version, you could test it and and let me know for sure it has fixed the issue. That build has been being used for about a month now by several users, and it seems stable. If you find a problem, you can always "update" backwards to 2.1.5.

Karen

On 9/26/2014 9:01 PM, infocean [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
Hi Karen,

I updated to 2.1.5.  Now I see the header.  Thanks You.
Is it possible to fix the About AstriImageJ dialog in a release.  See attached picture.

Best,
János

On Sep 26, 2014, at 9:04, Information Ocean <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Karen,

I am running 2.1.0 looks like.  See attached picture.  Later today I will try to hunt down the 2.1.5.  Thanks a lot for your effort.
Best,
János

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/No-valid-Fits-header-tp177p182.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML